Postdoctoral scholars at The University of Western Ontario are invited to participate in the first Postdoctoral Research Day, showcasing the breadth and depth of the research done by postdocs at Western. This event will be held Tuesday, Sept. 27 in the Great Hall.
The Research Day was created by the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies to foster scientific interaction, interdepartmental collaboration and garner greater exposure and recognition for the postdocs’ invaluable work.
The schedule includes:
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Art of Powerful Communication Workshop, Student Services Building, Room 2130 (Dr. David SH Chu International Student Centre). Facilitated by Stuart Knight;
- 12 p.m.-2 p.m. Poster set-up;
- 3 p.m.-3:30 p.m. Registration;
- 4 p.m. Welcoming Remarks from Linda Miller, vice-provost, School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies;
- 4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Postdoctoral research poster presentations (Great Hall) and podium presentations (Michael’s Garden);
- 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. Wine-and-cheese connector. Networking with MITACS industry partners: Sansin, WorldDiscoveries, Sernova, Marwood Metals, Labatt, Trojan, Agritherm, Cybor Trading, London Hydro, NRC-IRAP, Lanxess, 3M and more. Sponsored by MITACS;
- 6 p.m. Travel award-winner ceremony, presented by faculty research deans.
Registration is required, and can be completed at the event website.
For further information, contact Mihaela Harmos, postdoctoral services coordinator, at email@example.com.