Western’s Ivey Business School wrapped its Campaign for Leadership Monday evening, by announcing the school had exceeded its $200 million goal. The campaign, publicly launched in 2010, secured $206 million in funding, marking the largest fundraising effort in the school’s 90-year history.
“I extend my sincere thanks and celebrate the outstanding contributions by our donors. They have been our inspiration, our partners, our strategists and our cheerleaders,” said Carol Stephenson, Ivey dean. “They have provided tremendous leadership and, most importantly, they have enabled us to dream big dreams.”
The campaign has impacted every area of the school – enabling growth, enhancing students’ experience and ensuring excellence in everything the school does, Stephenson said. It also allowed Ivey to build a world-class building bringing staff, students and faculty together under one roof once again.
Among the key numbers and notes from the campaign:
- 17 newly named chairs, professorships and fellowships;
- $17.5 million raised for scholarships including HBA scholarships (increased by 500 per cent), MBA scholarships (increased 400 per cent) and more than 2,000 new scholarships;
- $30.5 million raised to support research and programs;
- Established two new research institutes: Pierre L Morrissette Institute for Entrepreneurship and Ian O Ihnatowycz Institute for Leadership;
- Raised $111 million to fund a world-class building to reunite HBA, MBA, MSc and PhD students under one roof;
- Established ING DIRECT Leadership Centre in the heart of Toronto’s financial district leading to a 50 per cent market share of Greater Toronto Area EMBA market and more than 9,000 visitors to the campus facilities annually;
- Annual Fund increased by 40 per cent;
- 30 per cent of alumni made a gift;
- Endowment increased by 72 per cent;
- 7,128 donors, including 185 individuals who gave $100,000 or more, contributed; and
- 100 per cent increase in new legacy donors.
Stephenson credited the dedication of Ivey’s Campaign Cabinet members and the entire Ivey community who made this effort such a great success.