The Western community was well-represented among the city’s outstanding young professionals as 15 alumni or faculty members were named among the 2019 20 Under 40 Award, LONDON INC. recently announced.
Recipients of the honour are under 40 years of age and have demonstrated excellence in business, judgement, leadership and community contribution. Among the Western community honourees are:
- Ali Chahbar, BA’04 (King’s University College), Legal Counsel, Thames Valley District School Board;
- Genevieve Fisher, BA’14 (Popular Music Studies and First Nations Studies), artist and owner, Genevieve Fisher Music;
- Garrett Graham, BACS’02, Regional Commercial Manager, Libro Credit Union;
- Nicole Haney, BA’07 (King’s), Founder and CEO, Boho Bars;
- Jesse Helmer, Deputy Mayor and Councillor, City of London, PhD student in Political Science;
- Justin Hoffman, Partner, Cross-Border Tax Services, Davis Martindale LLP, and a King’s professor;
- Heather MacKenzie, Physician, Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Parkwood Institute and Assistant Professor, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry;
- Mario Naric, BESc’15, Founder and COO, Motif Labs;
- Samantha Parsons, BA’09 (King’s), Clinical Research Manager, London Health Sciences Centre;
- David Ross, HBA’07, Director of Finance and Health Information Management, St. Joseph’s Health Care London;
- Shannon Ruffell, BACS’04, Vice-President, Heritage Renovations Limited;
- Javeed Sukhera, Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Paediatrics Scientist, Centre for Education Research & Innovation, Schulich;
- Linda Visser, LLB’05, Partner, Siskinds LLP;
- Lisa Walters, LLB’05, Family Lawyer and Partner, Family Law Group; and
- Jason Wilcox, BACS’07, Managing Partner, Waste Solutions Canada.
Each recipient will be profiled in the special edition 20 Under 40 magazine distributed with the November issue of London Inc. The recipients will also be celebrated at the 2019 20 Under 40 Cocktail Gala on Nov. 7 at the London Music Hall.